Guidance On Completion Of The Sponsorship And Donations Form
First Hydro Company places high priority on its role as a patron for a wide range of initiatives that benefit local communities, education, sport, the arts and the environment.
First Hydro Company have contributed to twenty nine differing projects in 2015, assisting to make a success in a range of activities and projects that are generally within a 10 mile radius of the two power stations in Gwynedd.
Some Of The Areas Which First Hydro Has Supported Are
- Canoe/Kayak Clubs
- Marathons, Fell and Team Obstacle Races
- Football/Cycling/Rugby/Cricket Adult/Youth Teams
- Nature Reserves
- Sheepdog Trials
- Archaeological/Vintage Equipment Societies
- Mountain Rescue Teams
We will devote the majority of the sponsorship and donations budget on activities whose principal effect will be to benefit the local communities in which we operate and in the following areas:
- Educational initiatives
- Culture and the Arts
- Environmental initiatives
- Health and Sport
- Supporting the efforts of our staff in community based projects
This would be in addition to supporting educational programmes such as work experience from schools and colleges, as well as Graduate student placements.
First Hydro also assist many Groups, Clubs and staff through their Electric Mountain Visitor Centre by awarding sets of family tickets, in order to assist in the raising of funds for particular causes.
First Hydro also assists staff by providing match funding to those raising funds for local charities, whether that is running in races/marathons, or holding events like quiz nights, or completing a supermarket collection days.
Applications should include as much detail as possible, including a full breakdown of costs, and make reference to sustainable items where applicable.
First Hydro Company does not pay the VAT for either sponsorships or donations.
Please note that only fully completed Sponsorship and Donations Application Forms will be considered for assessment, which is based on one application per year.
Unless specifically approved by the First Hydro Company Management Team, support will not normally be given to:
- Expeditions and Trips
- Paying wages to people
- Political, military or religious organisations
- National Charities (unless full proceeds are for local benefit)
Sponsorships and donations applications, and staff match funding requests shall be reviewed and approved, where applicable, by the Community Relations Committee, who meet generally on a monthly basis, usually at the beginning of each month.
Applications should be submitted in sufficient time to be processed in advance of each scheduled meeting.
It should be noted that First Hydro Company is not in a position to guarantee any funding, either beyond the current budget/financial year or otherwise, and as a result no Club/Group or Project commitments should be made outside of these timescales.
Measuring The Value Of Sponsorship And Donations To First Hydro Company
The process of measuring the benefits of sponsorships and donations to First Hydro may include:
- The impact of publicity e.g. media coverage
- How encouraging visits to the power stations can enhance the overall experience of visitors to the Electric Mountain
- Exposure/awareness of First Hydro Company amongst the local community
- How relationships with local communities are established and/or maintained
- Any community based work can be seen as First Hydro Company’s contribution to local sustainable development
Value is added to First Hydro Company as a business through improving relationships and co-operating with individuals, community groups and other local businesses.