ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
IT Engineer Year in Industry Placement 2024/5
ENGIE are recruiting a degree level student for a Year in Industry placement in the IT department at Dinorwig Power Station, Llanberis, North Wales. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to help us with our ongoing Digitisation programme at Ffestiniog and Dinorwig Pumped Storage Hydro Power Stations.
About the Placement
During this 12 month placement you will work as an integral part of the IT Engineering team and will undertake project work and assist in the daily IT operations of the business. Our intention is to give you real world experience and skills from the end user application space right through to the underlying IT Infrastructure operations.
Your project work will be part of a team delivering the adoption of digital technologies and practices to enhance the existing business processes. Primarily this will consist of assessment and configuration of a suite of digital application tools delivered over an intranet and mobile platforms. Assisting with the deployment to the user community and supporting the ongoing operation to achieve a successful outcome. There will likely be some application development work using Microsoft PowerApps, PowerBI and HTML. In addition to this application work, you will assist in support and development of our desktop environment.
We believe in a breadth of knowledge and skills. There will be opportunities to develop your software development skills, desktop and server infrastructure knowledge, Enterprise Application awareness, mobile device management , Industrial Control Systems operation and Cybersecurity best practices.
- You must be in the penultimate year of your degree course, on track to achieve a 2.1 or above in a technical/IT-related degree
- Have good IT skills, including some knowledge of SQL, HTML coding and programming principles
- Experience in Microsoft Windows environments, both desktop and server would be useful
- Good time management skills and able to prioritise own work
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- The role is full time (37 hours per week) and will be on a fixed term contract basis of 12 months
- You will primarily be based at Dinorwig Power Station, Llanberis. This is an on-site role and not remote
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Salary will be in line with National Living Wage, in addition we offer a very competitive benefits package including 25 days paid leave , private health care and the option to join the company pension scheme for the duration
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
First Hydro Company
Procurement Officer – Fixed Term Contract 12 Months
About First Hydro Company and ENGIE
The First Hydro Company operates 2 pumped storage power stations in North Wales. With a combined peak generating capacity of over 2000 MW these two power stations have reliably supported the UK’s national electricity supply network for decades. Now, the frequently changing demand for electricity with an increasing contribution from renewable sources makes reliable and flexible storage capacity key to delivering clean and reliable energy supplies for the future.
Alongside our generation commitments we are undertaking an exciting programme of major refurbishment at both our power stations to ensure that they continue to meet demand long into the future.
To help us to meet both these challenges we have an have opportunities for a Procurement Officer working at Dinorwig Power Station to join our team. Reporting to the Procurement Manager the role is to be proactively involved in procuring high value goods and services for First Hydro Co. This includes ensuring materials, spares and services are provided in a timely and cost-effective manner in accordance with best practice and providing value for money at all times.
You will hold a minimum of a HNC in a relevant discipline and have successfully completed formal training in safety (eg. IOSH Working Safety) As well as formal qualifications and training candidates are also expected to have relevant experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Good IT skills such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and a knowledge of a procurements system essential, e.g. of web-based systems like MRO Purchasing Systems.
- To be able to negotiate by telephone and face to face with suppliers at tendering engineer and supplier managerial level
- Have a knowledge of the marketplace and seeking new suppliers which will add value to the Company
- An understanding of the Contract Law applicable to Procurement as well as Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to develop strong working relationships with internal customers and external suppliers.
- Team player willing to work with all parts of the business treats colleagues fairly and consistently.
- Ability to understand financial procedures for payments of contractual obligations to our suppliers
- Able to manage conflicting and demanding priorities with excellent organisational skills. We are seeking a confident and innovative self-starter with a pragmatic approach to maintenance/engineering.
- Procurement experience in buying goods and services and in particular high value contracts and call off term contracts.
- Industrial/Utility experience as an end user in the public/private sector.
- Negotiate contract supply agreements with suppliers.
- Ability to deliver process improvements and automation
By joining First Hydro Company you will become part of one of the UK’s most dynamic electricity generators.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN RETURN
In return for the above First Hydro offers a competitive salary of between £42,923 and £46,903, starting salary will be dependent upon skills and experience of the successful candidate. Further benefits include private healthcare insurance, company pension scheme with employer’s contribution of up to 12%, an annual holiday allowance of 25 days in addition to public holidays, as well as flexi-time working arrangements.
It is expected that the candidates would be based at Dinorwig Power Station, but there may be some requirement to travel to other sites on occasion.
First Hydro Company operate key infrastructure projects in the UK and may require successful applicant to undertake national security vetting
Closing Date: 8th March 2024
To Apply for the position, please use the link below:
Work Experience Application Form (Word format) (Size: 1 MB)